Don’t like reading the fine print? Well sometimes it’s a good idea to do it anyway and it definitely is so when it comes to renting a car. The terms and conditions will be different with different car rental companies so remember to take the time to look into them with due diligence.
We have listed below the most common car hire conditions, but you will find that many companies will have different terms. NOTE: always check for yourself the exact terms and conditions of the rental with the company you choose. The provisions below are only examples that may not be relevant to your specific case.
So what can you usually expect?
- a minimum and maximum driver age of 25 to 75 years
- additional fee for drivers younger than 25
- you will be required to provide a bond for the time of your rental
- you will need to report any additional drivers of the rental vehicle befor you pickup the car
- a fee will apply if you cancel an existing booking
- if you damage the car, you are responsible (check details of your insurance to see what you are obliged to cover)
If something is unclear, ask your provider before you take the car. Understand the rates and fees involved. Check if there are any limits on where and how far you can travel. Take care!